Online Courses: Foundations in Longevity and Aging
Knowledge of aging and older adults is crucial, especially in certain professions. With the onset of COVID-19, this is apparent now more than every more.
This nine-part series anchors concepts of gerontology relating to longevity and aging, all set within the context of the current pandemic and with hands-on strategies, tools, and case studies. Foundations in Longevity and Aging is a product of VCU's College of Health Professions' Department of Gerontology and the Longevity Project for a Greater Richmond.
No prerequisites are needed to complete modules. This online curricula series is intended for:
- Health Professionals
- Recareering health professionals
- Emerging health professionals
- Anyone who desires rigorous, evidence-based continuing education
What you will experience is the best of the evidence-based practices based on decades of theory and application. Participants in this series can earn individual badges for completing each module and a micro-certificate for completing the entire series. We invite you to embark with us on this nine-part series while learning and applying some of the foundation concepts in longevity and aging.
Please contact Kim Ivey at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Online modules are priced at $60 each. Badges will be awarded for the completion of each module. To register for one or more modules, please click on this link.
Click on each module title below for a brief description and to learn more. Each module is a pre-recorded video lecture great for self-paced learning.
- Five Things Gerontologists Want you to Know about Longevity & Aging
- Trauma and Resilience: Reconnecting to Sources of Strength
- Ethical Decision-Making and A Caring Response
- Purple Zones: Blue Zones, Red Politics and Applying Principles in Challenging Times
- Social Connectedness, Health and Well-being
- Supporting Individuals with Dementia During Covid-19 and Beyond
- Balancing Quality of Life and Infection Control
- Medication Safety Across the Lifespan
- Disrupting Ageism
To earn a micro-certificate in "Foundations in Longevity and Aging", all nine modules listed above and a self-reflection exercise must be completed. Those enrolling in the entire series receive a 10% discount off the per module charge.