ALF Webinar Training
These online webinar series are developed specifically for employees working in Virginia's Licensed Assisted Living Facilities. Each series is $15 per person and offers 6 contact hours of training.
To access the all webinar series, please visit our webinar archive website by clicking here. Note: Certificates will not be issued to individuals who do not register and pay for the training.
Reducing Anti-Psychotic Medications and Medication Safety
At the end of this webinar series, participants will have an:
- Increased understanding about what antipsychotic medications are, why they are used, and the warnings for APM use in persons living with dementia.
- Increased understanding about how antipsychotics can be an integral part of a comprehensive care plan for persons diagnosed with mental illness.
- Increased ability to recognize that behaviors and psychological symptoms of dementia (BPDS) are attempts at communication.
- Increased ability to recognize the impact of staff approaches and attitudes on minimizing and responding to BPDS.
- Increased understanding of non-pharmacological techniques for caring for individuals in LTC.
- Increased ability to identify strategies to prevent medication-related problems in older adults.
- Increased understanding of available resources to improve medication safety.
Join us LIVE for Part I on: Friday, November 16th at 2:00pm! (Part I will be recorded for later viewing)
(Note: Individual email addresses for each registrant are preferred for the live webinar)