Spring 2019 Schedule
Southwest VA Higher Ed Center
Department of Social Services
Embassy Suites - Coliseum
Trinity Family Life Center
Westerre Conference Center
Salem Civic Center
TCC/VA Beach Joint Use Library
Hampton Inn & Suites
*See the locations and directions page for details about each training site
At the end of this training, participants will have an:
- Increased understanding about how person-centered care affects all domains of practice
- Increased ability to differentiate normal from pathological aging
- Increased ability to identify ageism in the workplace
- Increased understanding about how to develop a person-centered workplace for employees
- Increased understanding of how fluctuations in census, occupancy, and care levels affect financial performance
- Increased understanding of the meaning of home-like environment
Why this is important
Person-centered care is the foundation of resident rights. This course is vital for those in a managerial position as it allows for a better understanding about how to promote person-centered care that supports these rights. Additionally, this course helps to highlight that person-centered care affects all domains of practice for an administrator and manager. This workshop will help administrators to apply new and updated skills in all domains.
Please note: Registration and payment must be received at the Department of Gerontology 10 business days prior to the training date. Certificates of attendance will not be available at the training for individuals with late registrations and payments, but will be mailed at a later date.
We do accept online registration and credit card payments. You can click this link to register and pay online.
If you need to register and pay by mail or fax, you can download our brochure to fax and mail your registration and payment. If you have trouble accessing this pdf, please contact us at 804-828-1565 and we can assist you.