Spring 2019 Schedule
Southwest VA Higher Ed Center
Department of Social Services
Embassy Suites - Coliseum
Trinity Family Life Center
Westerre Conference Center
Salem Civic Center
TCC/VA Beach Joint Use Library
Hampton Inn & Suites
*See the locations and directions page for details about each training site
At the end of this training, participants will have an:
- Increased understanding of the basic tenants of person-centered care
- Increased understanding of the importance of empowered work teams
- Increased ability to describe diverse types of work teams and their objectives
- Increased ability to enhance team communication, decision making, and leadership growth
- Increased ability to apply person-centered care to workteams
Why this is important
The core of a strong leadership team is empathy among team members, open communication, and respect. Leaders can improve quality performance in their communities through developing a better understanding of how to apply person-centered care to divefrse workteams.
Please note: Registration and payment must be received at the Department of Gerontology 10 business days prior to the training date. Certificates of attendance will not be available at the training for individuals with late registrations and payments, but will be mailed at a later date.
We do accept online registration and credit card payments. You can click this link to register and pay online.
If you need to register and pay by mail or fax, you can download our brochure to fax and mail your registration and payment. If you have trouble accessing this pdf, please contact us at 804-828-1565 and we can assist you.