Alexa van Aartrijk, MS
Community Education Coordinator
Medication Management Specialist
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- M.S. Gerontology (Assisted Living Administration), Virginia Commonwealth University
- B.S. Human Services, Old Dominion University
Alexa is a gerontologist serving as the VCU Department of Gerontology's Community Education Coordinator. Her position entails the planning, coordination and implementation of the co-sponsored state-wide continuing education and training program, available for those working in Licensed Assisted Living and Adult Day Center settings. As Community Education Coordinator, Alexa aims to connect community stakeholders and organizations to strong curriculum and training to ensure optimal person-centered care for individuals residing in long-term care facilities.
In addition to the Community Education Coordinator position, Alexa works with the Greater Richmond Age Wave Coalition, including serving as a LongevityU trainer.
- Participated as a regulatory advisory panel member for the Virginia Board of Long-Term Care Administrators to make recommendations regarding the Administrator-in-Training (AIT) process, 2019
- VCU Gerontology Student of the Year, 2019
- Walter-Wilkerson Scholarship Award, 2019