Jennifer M. Pryor, MA, MS, LALFA
Program Director, Co-Director for Assisted Living Administration
Director of Community Education
- Email: email@example.com
- Assisted Living Administration
- Continuous Quality Improvement
- MS in Gerontology, Virginia Commonwealth University
- MA in Psychology, College of William and Mary
- BS in Psychology, Hollins University
Long-term care organizations with a particular emphasis on the assisted living industry; administration, management, and leadership in long-term care; education and training for the long-term care workforce; ageism and aging anxiety in long-term care practice; best practices in long-term care administration related to higher quality of life and higher quality of care for individuals living in these communities.
Jennifer Pryor is the program director and the director for community education for the Department of Gerontology. She also is the co-director for the NAB-accredited assisted living administration specialty area where she is an instructor, advisor, and supervisor to students who are in pursuit of their license as an assisted living administrator. Jennifer holds a valid Virginia License in Assisted Living Administration.
In addition to these roles, Jennifer speaks and trains at the national, state, and local levels on topics related to ageism in long-term care, assisted living administration, best practices in assisted living, and leadership. She currently serves on the Education Committee with the National Association of Long Term Care Administrator Boards (NAB).
Jennifer’s personal and professional goal is to challenge the paradigm of the long-term care continuum and promote innovation and development in the industry to foster inclusiveness, community, and awareness of ageism.
- Invited member to the Vision 2025: University and Senior Housing and Care Symposium to discuss the advancement of the profession of long-term care administration and create a strategy for achieving the vision, 2019
- Participated as a regulatory advisory panel member for the Virginia Board of Long-Term Care Administrators to make recommendations regarding the Administrator-in-Training (AIT) process, 2019
- Spearheaded the establishment of the Assisted Living Administration Specialty Area as part of the Master’s in Gerontology, 2016
- Spearheaded the successful accreditation from the National Association of Long Term Care Administrator Boards for the Masters in Gerontology with the Assisted Living Administration Specialty Area, 2016
- Gendron, T., L., Pryor, J. M., Welleford, E. A. (2016). Lessons learned from a program evaluation of a statewide continuing education program for staff members working in assisted living and adult day care centers in Virginia. Journal of Applied Gerontology, 1-19.
- Gendron, T., Pelco, L. E., Pryor, J., Barsness, S., & Seward, L. (2013). A telephone support program for adult day center caregivers: Early Indications of Impact. Journal of Higher Education Outreach and Engagement, 17 (1), 47-60.